A6S SAW/ESS Strip Cladding Head
For surfacing with high alloyed materials
- Used in combination with standard A6S Arc Master welding head
- Provides an economical solution for surfacing with high alloyed materials such as stainless steel or nickel-based alloys
- Choose a wider variety of parent materials and consumables
- Stainless steel cladding is widely used in production of components where additional strength or corrosion resistance is required
- Welding head can be fitted with electrode strips as wide as 1.2-4.0 in. and as thick as 0.02 in.
|Strip Width (met)||30-100 mm|
|Strip Width (imp)||1.2-4.0 in.|
|Strip Thickness (met)||0.5 mm|
|Strip Thickness (imp)||0.02 in.|
|Wire Diameter||3.2 mm|
|Wire Diameter||1/8 in.|
Electroslag welding (ESW) is a method of strip cladding, but differs from SAW strip cladding in that the arc is created between the electrode and the workpiece.
The welding flux that is put into the joint melts and a slag pool is produced, which then increases in depth.
When the temperature of the slag and its conductive capacity thereby increases, the arc is extinguished and the welding current is conducted via the molten slag where the necessary welding energy is produced through resistance.
This method can be used for joining thicknesses of 25 mm (1 in.) and above.
Contact ESAB for Ordering Information and Technical Data for the ESW Welding Head.
Interested in this product? Contact us.
ESAB Welding & Cutting Products
2800 Airport Road
Denton, TX 76207
Customer Care: 1-800-426-1888
801 Wilson Avenue
Hanover, PA 17331
420 National Business Parkway
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701