Model 44 is a rugged inside diameter welding head for ID cladding of welding of pipe joints. This weld head was initially designed for remote controlled resurfacing welds on power generation valve seats, but has found uses in the petrol-chemical industries as well.
The Model 44 can be fitted with a variety of GTAW torches with wire feed capability, all with AMI’s advanced digital camera technology for remote viewing of the weld. The Model 44 is designed with a slip-ring and rotary union for unlimited rotation capability, without the worry of wrapping up cables.
The torch and camera assemblies used on the Model 44 are water-cooled to withstand the pre-heat and welding temperatures associated with this welding. The design of the Model 44 allows this weld head to perform long duration welds, typically stopping only for changing out of the wire or shift changes.
- Servo controlled, encoder feedback rotation
- Servo controlled, encoder feedback AVC Slide
- Servo controlled, encoder feedback Axial Slide – which can be setup for spiral welding, step-over welding, and oscillation if desired.
- AVC and Axial slide can be interchange allowing for buttering on horizontal surfaces
- Servo controlled, synchronized wire feed
- The axial slide can be controlled for operator torch steering for adjustment during the weld
- Remote controlled motorized wire manipulator to maintain wire position during the weld
- Water-Cooled torch and camera for pre-heat conditions
- Final ID range from 50 to 762 mm (2.2 in. to 30 in.) based on torch selection
- Modular design allowing for 1 person to setup in confined areas
- Power Generation
- Ship and Offshore Yards
Interested in this product? Contact us.
ESAB Welding & Cutting Products
2800 Airport Road
Denton, TX 76207
Customer Care: 1-800-426-1888
801 Wilson Avenue
Hanover, PA 17331
420 National Business Parkway
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701