- Gas Equipment
- Arc Gouging (CAC-A) & Exothermic Cutting
- Welding Automation & Robotics
- ESAB Digital Solutions (EDS)
- Filler Metals
- Arc Welding Equipment
- Cutting Automation
- Steel Industry Products
- PPE & Accessories
- Plasma Transferred Arc & Laser Cladding (PTA)
- Specialty Alloys
- Equipment & Accessories
- Covered (Stick) Electrodes (SMAW)
- Gas-Shielded Flux-Cored Wires (FCAW)
- Self-Shielded Flux-Cored Wires (FCAW)
- Metal-Cored Wires (MCAW)
- TIG Rods (GTAW)
- MIG/MAG Wires (GMAW)
- Submerged Arc Wires & Fluxes (SAW)
- Repair and Maintenance
- Ceramic BackUp Tape
Stoody Trackwear Shielded Metal Arc Welding Electrode: Trackwear is a high strength austenitic manganese steel alloy developed for the build-up of manganese steel castings, particularly parts subject to heavy battering loads such as railroad frogs and crossings.
- Deposits have a high initial yield strength and hardness and work harden quickly with minimum flow and rollover.
- Trackwear is compatible with any other standard manganese steel welding material that may have been applied previously.
- On railroad frogs, Trackwear is often used as a 2 layer topping on a build-up of Stoody® Nicromang.
- >Deposits do not respond to heat treatment.
- It is not recommended for build-up of carbon steel.
Typical Tensile Properties
|Elongation||Hardness (BHN)||Tensile Strength||Yield Strength|
|25 %||500 BHN||128 ksi||85 ksi|
Typical Weld Metal Analysis %
|0.5 %||17.5 %||1.0 %||BAL %|