- Gas Equipment
- Arc Gouging (CAC-A) & Exothermic Cutting
- Welding Automation & Robotics
- ESAB Digital Solutions (EDS)
- Filler Metals
- Arc Welding Equipment
- Cutting Automation
- Steel Industry Products
- PPE & Accessories
- Plasma Transferred Arc & Laser Cladding (PTA)
- Specialty Alloys
- Equipment & Accessories
- Covered (Stick) Electrodes (SMAW)
- Gas-Shielded Flux-Cored Wires (FCAW)
- Self-Shielded Flux-Cored Wires (FCAW)
- Metal-Cored Wires (MCAW)
- TIG Rods (GTAW)
- MIG/MAG Wires (GMAW)
- Submerged Arc Wires & Fluxes (SAW)
- Repair and Maintenance
- Ceramic BackUp Tape
Stoody Build-Up LH
Stoody Build-Up LH deposit is a low alloy steel designed for low severity metal-to-metal wear. The electrode has a special low hydrogen coating which provides a high strength fusion bond on carbon and low alloy steels. As a base alloy for hardsurfacing overlays or for restoring parts to original dimensions, it provides a weld deposit with excellent compressive strength capable of absorbing heavy impact and/or compressive loads.
- It can be applied in multiple layers without cracking, spalling, or mushrooming.
- It is machinable in the as-welded condition with reasonable procedural care and can be forged at red heat.
- It is not recommended for manganese steel or cast iron and does not work harden.
- It should not be used for joining.
Typical Tensile Properties
|Elongation||Hardness (HRC)||Tensile Strength||Yield Strength|
|6 %||27-31 HRC||118 ksi||113 ksi|
Typical Weld Metal Analysis %
|2.0 %||0.1 %||2.0 %||BAL %|