Stoodite 6 provides resistance to many forms of chemical and mechanical degradation over a wide temperature range. The most generally used cobalt alloy, Stoodite 6 attributes include outstanding self-mated anti-galling properties, high temperature hardness, and high resistance to cavitation erosion. Certification to AWS specification - A5.21 ERCoCr-A for bare rod; A5.13 ECoCr-A for coated electrode.
Certification to AWS specification - A5.21 ERCoCr-A for bare rod; A5.13 ECoCr-A for coated electrode. Stoodite cobalt base alloys are manufactured to conform to the chemistry and usability requirements of the specifications noted. Certification to ASME and MIL must be requested at the time order is placed and must appear on the written P.O. Additional charges apply for military, nuclear, or special certification requirements.
- The most versatile and widely used cobalt alloy with a good balance of abrasion and impact resistance
- Excellent resistance to many forms of mechanical and chemical degradation over a wide temperature range
- Outstanding self-mated anti-galling properties
- High temperature hardness
- Resistance to cavitation erosion
- Machinable with carbide tools
- Bonds well with weldable alloy steels, including stainless