Rebel™ EMP 285ic
Introducing Rebel™ EMP 285ic 1ph and 3ph systems, the most powerful, industrial Rebel yet for excellent performance on MIG, Flux-Cored, TIG and Stick applications. Capable of welding up to 350A, this TRUE multi-process, multi-voltage industrial welding machine runs the full range of .035 in. (0.9 mm) and .045 in. (1.2 mm) wires. It’s the most portable, mobile welder in its class and has the power and performance to crush even the most demanding industrial jobs.
Two models to choose from:
- Rebel EMP 285ic 120V-230V 1ph
- Rebel EMP 285ic 460V-575V 3ph
Compare Rebel models
- Power to Perform – with 285A @ 40% (1ph model) and 285A @ 50% (3ph model) you’ll have the confidence to run the full range of .045 in. (1.2 mm) wire, short arc and spray transfer, with increased deposition rates and higher productivity on smaller diameter wires such as .030 in. (0.8 mm) and .035 in. (0.9 mm).
- sMIG Technology – innovative “smart-MIG” feature that dynamically monitors the arc characteristics ultimately adapting to your technique resulting in a smooth, stable arc. Set wire diameter and plate thickness and you are ready to weld.
- With ESAB’s new 4-Roll Drive System, weld up to .052 in. (1.4 mm) solid wire and up to 1/16 in. (1.6 mm) cored wire. Plus, electrodes up to 5/32 in. (4.0 mm) and TIG rods up to 3/16 in. (5.0 mm).
- Unmatched Portability/Mobility – weighing in at 70 lbs. (32 kg) with multi-voltage, multi-phase capability and 4-handle roll cage. Detach the Rebel EMP 285ic from its cart and tackle any job around the shop or out at the job site.
- TFT Multi-lingual Display – packed full of features, Rebel EMP 285ic has 4 programmable memory locations for each process, multi-language selection, trim adjustment, inductance control, pre/post flow control and spot weld setting giving you the ability to fine tune your welds for the most optimal performance.
- Agricultural Equipment
- Civil Construction
- Industrial and General Fabrication
- Repair and Maintenance
- Training Schools
- Industrial Production & Manufacturing
- SMAW/MMA (Stick)
- GMAW (MIG/MAG)
- FCAW (Flux Core)
- GTAW-DC (TIG DC)
|Dimensions||673 x 292 x 495 mm (26.5 x 11.5 x 19.5 in.)|
|Weight||32 kg (70 lb)|
|Conditional Statement||MIG Welding|
|Max Output (A)||300 A||350 A|
|Max Output (V)||34 V||34 V|
|Open Circuit Voltage||68 VDC|
|Voltage Range (V)||90-270 VAC||12 - 34 V|
|Current Range(A)||5-300 A||5-350 A|
|Supply Plug||NEMA 6-50P (230 V)||no plug|
Wire Feeder Specifications
|Max Spool Diameter||100, 200, 300 mm (4, 8, 12 in.)|
|Wire Diameter||0.8-1.6 mm (.030-1/16 in.)||0.8-1.4 mm (.030-.052 in.)||0.8-1.4 mm (.030-.052 in.)||0.8-1.4 mm (.030-.052 in.)|
|Wire Feed Speed||1.5-20.3 m/min (60-800 in./min)|
|Metal||Flux Cored||Mild Steel||Stainless Steel||Aluminum|
285 A/28V @ 40% 40degC (104 degF)
220 A/25V @ 60% 40degC (104 degF)
160 A/22V @ 100% 40degC (104 degF)
200 A/24V @ 100% 40degC (104 degF)
285 A/28.25V @ 50% 40degC (104 degF)
265 A/27.25V @ 60% 40degC (104 degF)
260 A/30V @ 40% 40degC (104 degF)
210 A/28.4V @ 60% 40degC (104 degF)
135 A/25.4V @ 100% 40degC (104 degF)
285 A/31.4V @ 50% 40degC (104 degF)
255 A/30.2V @ 60% 40degC (104 degF)
180 A/27.2V @ 100% 40degC (104 degF)
285 A/21.4V @ 40% 40degC (104 degF)
240 A/19.6V @ 60% 40degC (104 degF)
185 A/17.4V @ 100% 40degC (104 degF)
220 A/18.8V @ 100% 40degC (104 degF)
285 A/21.4V @ 50% 40degC (104 degF)
265 A/20.6V @ 60% 40degC (104 degF)
|Voltage||120-240 VAC||460-575 VAC|
|Frequency||50/60 Hz||50/60 Hz|
|Standards||CSA E60974-1-00 / UL60974-1 / IEC60974-1|
Part Numbers and Accessories
All packages include power supply, Tweco® Spray Master® Velocity™ MIG gun, electrode holder, Atom Arc® 7018 electrodes. Victor® argon flowmeter regulator,
12.5 ft. (3.8 m) hose, return clamp with leads, drive rolls and contact tips, .035 in. (0.9 mm) wire and operator’s manual.
Cart packages also include single cylinder cart.