ESAB Gathers Elite Team of Welders to Share Welding How-to advice and Insider Tips
May 7, 2018
In an effort to help members of the welding community master their craft, ESAB Welding & Cutting Products has created the ESAB Elite, a team of respected welders from across the globe, to share wisdom and provide practical welding advice through social media. To kick off the program, each partner has created welding tips videos for esab.com/elite and the Hot Welding Tips playlist on ESAB's YouTube channel.
"The welding industry has embraced Instagram and YouTube as ways to share work, solve problems and challenge each other to see who can lay the best beads. The ESAB Elite program adds fuel to their fire and channels the energy of these social media leaders so that the industry collectively benefits," says Steven Molenda, Director of Global MarCom and Marketing Strategies, ESAB.
The inaugural Elite class represents a global team of fabricators from diverse backgrounds and skill sets. From creating custom metal roses to designing the craziest food trucks in Texas, each partner has undeniable talent and a desire to see the industry grow. They weld for a living, but many also have side gigs that allow them to show off their creativity in metalworking to thousands of followers through social media.
To stay up-to-date with this Elite team of talented welders, sign up to receive updates at esab.com/elite, check out the Hot Welding Tips playlist and follow the team directly on their Instagram accounts.
Meet the Elite
The ESAB Elite team members represent a highly diverse group of backgrounds and skill sets. Here are the ESAB Elite team members:
- James Flatman (@narcissisticwrench) – A former bike mechanic from Australia, this TIG welder now uses his skills to construct the craziest food trucks in Texas with Cruising Kitchens.
- Charis Williams (@chariswilliams) – A professional designer from the U.K., this TIG welder specializes in creating upcycled and reinvented furniture for homes and businesses.
- Joe Giamanco (@joe_welderup) – This fabricator specializes in TIG welding and works on custom car and truck builds at Welderup.
- Matti Christensen (@mattichristensen) – This new production fabricator from West Coast Sweden uses his MIG skill for many different jobs for work and play.
- Andrea Havlin (@hotwork247) – With more than a decade in the industry, this skilled stick welder and veteran steelworker shows off her projects to more than 12,000 followers on Instagram.
- Scott Raabe (@scott_raabe) – A pipe welder by trade who uses his spare time to create custom metal designs and art for his business, CleanCutMetalWorks.
- Sanna Camilla (@saannacamilla) – This certified TIG welder shows off her technical welding skills for more than 33,000 Instagram followers.
- Brian Lambert (@rollingbombfab) – From day-to-day work on propane delivery trucks to creating art from his welds, this TIG welder shows off his skills to nearly 40,000 followers on Instagram.
ESAB Welding & Cutting Products is a recognized leader in the welding and cutting industry. From time-honored processes in welding and cutting to revolutionary technologies in mechanized cutting and automation, ESAB's filler metals, equipment and accessories bring solutions to customers around the globe.