DMX is the next generation of plasma bevel cutters. While others use complex, heavy axis drive systems, ESAB has developed a new way of driving torch motion that improves performance and productivity. DMX is proof that when it comes to plasma beveling, simpler is better.
The revolutionary Direct Multi aXis motion system (DMX) features Advanced Collision Sensing that detects and absorbs a torch crash, then automatically resets the torch without requiring a head alignment.
ESAB SmartBevel™ Technology simplifies bevel programming and delivers consistently accurate results.
DMX can be mounted on smaller gantries, making quality bevel cutting more affordable and saving valuable floor space.
Designed with a non-breakaway device and automatic torch reset, DMX eliminates dangerous operator tasks from the beveling process.
MAXIMUM RELIABILITY AND PRODUCTIVITY.
ESAB's exclusive DMX technology features a simplified mechanical design that uses substantially fewer parts than traditional bevel heads. Plus, instead of a rotating head, DMX utilizes Compound Motion for faster cycle times, no rotation limits, improved accuracy, longer consumable life, and more. The end result is an ultra-efficient plasma beveller that requires less maintenance and enhances output.
The DMX difference:
- Advanced Collision Protection - uses compliant motion in place of a breakaway device to detect and absorb torch collisions
- Automatically resets torch after collision, no head alignment required
- No mechanical alignment after replacing components
- No torch bearing - reduces cost and improves accuracy
- No twisting of torch leads - reduces maintenance and downtime
SIMPLE OPERATION. SUPERIOR RESULTS.
DMX is powered by ESAB SmartBevel™ Technology for easier programming and accurate bevel cutting with minimal operator intervention. SmartBevel™ includes beveling data and geometric compensations necessary to cut V, X, Y, and K bevels on mild steel from ¼ to 2 inch thick.
- Quick and accurate job setup
- Reduces scrap by eliminating trial and error
- Extensive data to automate a wider range of beveling applications than competitive packages and achieve the desired cut with fewer test runs
- Best practice bevel cut sequence is provided for improved accuracy and consistent quality
- Designed to support bevel cuts in accordance with AWS D1.1
|BEVEL DATA RANGE FOR SMARTBEVEL™ TECHNOLOGY|
|0.250 in.||V, Y|
||V, Y||V, Y|
|0.375 in.||V, Y, X|
|0.500 in.||V, Y, X||V, Y, X
|0.625 in.||V, Y, X|
|0.750 in.||V, Y, X, K
||V, Y, X, K|
|0.875 in.||V, Y, X, K||V, Y, X, K|
|1.000 in.||V, Y, X, K||V, Y, X, K||V, Y, X, K|
|1.250 in.||V, Y, X, K||V, Y, X, K|
|1.500 in.||V, Y, X, K||V, Y, X, K|
|1.750 in.||V, Y, X, K|
|2.000 in.||V, Y, X, K|
COMPACT DESIGN FOR ECONOMICAL BEVEL CUTTING.
Featuring the latest direct drive motor technology, DMX is significantly smaller and lighter than traditional bevellers-all without sacrificing performance. The compact system can be mounted on a wide range of ESAB gantries, making high-quality bevel cutting more affordable and accessible.
- Compatible with smaller, less expensive machines
- Lower overall cost for plasma bevel cutting
- Smaller gantry saves floor space
SAFER, SMARTER, AND AN EXCEPTIONAL VALUE.
The DMX motion system detects and absorbs torch collisions, eliminating the need for a breakaway device. Plus, the torch automatically resets after a collision.
- Eliminates safety hazard of operator climbing on table
- Eliminates safety hazard of touching the torch
- Faster resets mean less downtime and higher productivity
Download white paper
Plasma Beveling Technology - Productivity, Cost, and Safety
Choosing a plasma beveling system that is right for your company is no easy task. To help you make the most informed decision, our experts put together a white paper, discussing productivity, cost, and safety issues related to plasma beveling.
Read up and make the best buying decision!
UNRIVALED SERVICE AND SUPPORT.
Two-Year Limited Warranty
ESAB is so confident in the new DMX design that we offer it with a two-year limited warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship for all major electrical and mechanical parts of the bevel head. This includes the lift motor, lifter screw, lifter bearings and rails, bevel head motors, limit switches, cables, and connectors.