Visit http://www.esabna.com/ for more information about our products.
The ESAB Group, Inc.
A. Ordering, Order Entry, or Shipping Errors
Any shipment that differs materially from the Order Acknowledgement will be considered an ESAB error, and merchandise may be returned at ESAB’s expense. ESAB will bear all freight costs when Goods are returned under the RA procedure below and shipped by ESAB’s preferred carrier. Most returns of standard Goods due to Buyer error or End User order cancellation can be allowed without penalty within 30 days of shipment. The Buyer will bear only the cost of outbound and return freight to ESAB’s shipping point.
B. Saleable Goods
ESAB may, at its sole and absolute discretion, accept for return from Buyer Goods in saleable condition (“Saleable Goods”) in exchange for credit towards future purchases of Goods from ESAB by Buyer. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE ANY GOODS TO BE RETURNED WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION FROM ESAB. Saleable Goods will be considered returnable for credit only under the following conditions and provided that ESAB always will have and retain the right to accept or reject the proposed return of any Saleable Good:
1. Buyer must request a written Return Authorization (“RA”) from ESAB Customer Service prior to any Saleable Good being returned for any reason. The request must list the part number, description, quantity, date purchased, and Buyer’s original purchase order number for each Saleable Good the Buyer wishes to return. The packing list copy of this RA must accompany the return shipment of Saleable Goods to ESAB. The return authorization will be valid for 30 days.
2. No restocking charge will be assessed on Buyer requests to return normal quantities of standard Goods within thirty days of shipment. Buyer will bear the cost of outbound and return freight. Special order Goods, non-stock items, conformance tested Goods and request items are not returnable under this or any other Saleable Goods policy provision.
3. Buyer’s request for Saleable Goods return must be received within 12 months of the date of shipment of the Goods from ESAB’s plant or warehouse. Saleable goods cannot be accepted for return after 12 months.
4. To qualify for credit, the Goods must be standard price list items in new, unused, and saleable condition and be products normally kept in stock as determined by ESAB. Goods must be returned in an unopened, resalable package.
5. Upon receipt, inspection, and acceptance of the Goods authorized for return, ESAB will issue a credit against the Buyer’s account. Unless written documentation of the actual purchase price is supplied, credit will be granted using the lowest applicable selling price for the returned Saleable Good less the applicable freight and restocking charges.
6. To cover the costs and expenses of handling, inspection, testing, and repackaging of returned Saleable Goods, are stocking charge of 20% per line item ($10.00 minimum per line item) or $50.00 per RA, whichever is greater, will be deducted from the credit for all Saleable Goods accepted for return.
7. If the Goods returned require significant reconditioning to meet Seller’s current quality standards, Buyer will be given a firm quotation before the rework is authorized. Buyer will have the option of having ESAB perform this rework to qualify for the Returned Goods credit, having the Goods shipped back to them freight collect, or having the Goods scrapped with no credit due.
8. Goods returned more than 30 days after shipment from ESAB must be shipped with freight prepaid by Buyer to the appropriate ESAB manufacturing plant for inspection and processing. Return freight is at the expense of the Buyer, and ESAB reserves the right to deduct the costs and expenses of outbound freight from the amount of the credit issued.
9. Section 11B applies only to ESAB’s voluntary acceptance or rejection of Saleable Goods that a Buyer may offer to return to ESAB in exchange for sales credit.
*Prices Subject To Change Without Notice.