Welding Automation &
Arc Gouging (CAC-A) & Exothermic
- All categories
- Plasma Transferred Arc & Laser Cladding (PTA)
- Covered (Stick) Electrodes (SMAW)
- Gas-Shielded Flux-Cored Wires (FCAW)
- Self-Shielded Flux-Cored Wires (FCAW)
- Metal-Cored Wires (MCAW)
- TIG Rods (GTAW)
- MIG/MAG Wires (GMAW)
- Submerged Arc Wires & Fluxes (SAW)
- Repair and Maintenance
- Ceramic BackUp Tape
Stoody SOS 423-O
The SOS® 423 deposit is a stabilized martensitic stainless steel. It is a fire-crack resistant alloy that has excellent corrosion and wear resistance. This open arc welding wire is specifically designed for a two-layer overlay on continuous caster rolls. It is designed to be used with SOS 430 as the underlay, and used as a 2-layer overlay in the un-tempered condition for best wear and corrosion resistance. It can be applied using either a weave bead or stringer bead technique. On smaller rolls, the stringer bead technique is preferred.
- Hardfacing continuous caster rolls.