Welding Solutions for Pipemills
Our experience and knowledge - your benefit!
- Flexible, reliable welding equipment
- A wide range of products developed in-house for various multi-wire submerged arc welding (SAW) applications which are particularly suitable for pipe welding.
Precise, high-speed longitudinal welding
- Our concept for longitudinal SAW is suitable for pipes in a normal diameter range of 508-1626 mm (20-64 in.), a normal wall thickness of 6-40 mm (0.24-1.57 in.) and a length of up to 18 m (708.66 in.).
Internal and external welding
- For internal welding we have designed pre-stressed booms and welding heads for up to four wires.
- The external welding station is based on a column and boom solution with a very stable cross-slide to adapt to different pipe diameters.
- Flexible steel brushes in two rows in front and behind the welding process are pressed with defined force from outside to the pipe to catch the current with a minimum of voltage loss and to surely avoid any arc blow effect, which would disturb the weld process.
Problem-free flux and wire feed systems
- Smooth feeding of wire in different diameters and equally straightforward supply of new and re-used flux.
- The correct combination of compressed air, flux feeding, easy replenishment of new flux via the Big/ Bag system, a vacuum unit, a reliable magnetic separator and continuous recovery helps to create welding stations with less downtime, high-quality welds and a cleaner working environment.
Spiral pipe welding
- Internal and external welding is performed at one and the same station. Internal welding starts first and, after half a turn, external welding then begins - internally with two or in some cases three wires and externally with one or three wires in the welding process, depending on the diameter and wall thickness of the pipe.