Arc Gouging (CAC-A) & Exothermic
Welding Automation &
- All categories
- Submerged Arc Welding (SAW)
- Friction Stir Welding (FSW)
- Laser Beam Welding (LBW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
Legio Friction Stir Welding
ESAB’s LEGIO™ platform is developed to provide a standardized and modular approach to FSW utilization. LEGIO™ is designed with a rigid framework for high performance during high-load conditions with a working range (welding head travel) from 1 and 5 meters. It comprises heavy-duty bearings and the welding head travel is actuated using a ball-screw system.
The welding head is hydraulically actuated, which allows the high FSW forces to be applied minimizing the space required. The contact force conditions is controlled by the PLC, which provides a dedicated close-loop controller for this vital process parameter.
The spindle is driven by an AC-motor, which provides the torque and spindle rotation needed for the intended applications. Liquid cooling is provided to minimize the wear on the spindle components and the pin tool.
All LEGIO™ machines are controlled using the latest of PLC technology and high accuracy drives. This allows the machine’s axis position and speed to be controlled delicately and precise.The Z-axis control works in either on position or on set force control mode.
The menu driven 15” touch-screen HMI interface is designed specifically for FSW. It is the interface for setting up the process parameters, the welding path as well as the most common machine parameters. It also provides monitoring capabilities of the process parameters, alarms and system status.
- The LEGIO™ platform is available in three models; ST, U, and UT
- The ST-model is designed for linear welding
- The U- and UT-models for 2-D welding Y-axis range 15.7 in.
- All models can be equiped with three different type of FSW Head sizes 3, 4 and 5
- Other sizes and combinations can be quoted on request