AVPS Laser Seam Tracking System
Improves the productivity and quality of circumferential, longitudinal welding processes
- Laser vision sensing improves the productivity and quality of circumferential, longitudinal welding processes as typically found in wind tower manufacturing.
- Longitudinal weld seam tracking on roll-formed tubes.
- Inside circumferential weld seam tracking.
- Outside circumferential weld seam tracking.
- Servo-Robots intelligent seam tracking technology, combined with ESABs GMH joint tracking system and pendant control, maintains precise wire position both in the joint and with respect to the vertical direction ensuring a consistent wire stickout.
- Parameters are easily set with the ESAB remote control pendant eliminating the need for special operator training.
- The operator selects the correct joint template (butt, groove, etc.) using the remote control pendant.
- The welding head is mounted on a motorized double servo slide where the head can be moved up-down and left-right.
- The Servo-Robot Mini-Box Control Unit is at the center of the tracking acting as both a vision control unit and as a process control unit which communicates with the GMH system to perform the tracking tasks.