DC power sources for submerged arc welding (SAW) or gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
- Three-phase, fan-cooled DC welding power sources designed for high productivity automated submerged arc welding (SAW) or high productivity gas metal arc welding (GMAW).
- Used in combination with ESABs A2-A6 equipment range and the A2-A6 PEK or A2 PEI process controllers.
- Good arc stability at both high and low arc voltages.
- Adjust and monitor the welding parameters on the power source from the front panel of the process controller (PEK or PEI).
- Welding current range can be extended by connecting two power sources in parallel for the most demanding applications.
- Power source prepared for communication using most standard protocols like TCP/IP (LAN), CAN or even straight communication with a PLC. Optional communication modules might be needed depending on the type of protocol used.
- Ideal for SAW applications such as wind tower components, nuclear power vessels, boilers and ship building applications
- Ideal for GMAW applications such as welding the root pass in heavy pipe production.