Victor® Previews Innovative EDGE™ 2.0 Pressure/Flow Hybrid Regulator for HVAC Applications
November 6, 2017
Florence, S.C. – Today at the FABTECH 2017 Expo in Chicago, Victor®, an ESAB brand, previewed the EDGE™ 2.0 ESS32 PFH800 pressure/flow hybrid regulator designed for three common HVAC applications: brazing, purging and pressure testing. Traditionally, a regulator would either be a flow regulation device or a pressure delivery regulation device. With its hybrid design, the EDGE™ 2.0 ESS32 PFH800 combines flow and pressure regulation functions in a single device. The new regulator provides adjustability between:
1. 3 – 6 CFH for using nitrogen as a backing gas when brazing
2. 20 – 50 CFH for nitrogen purge applications
3. 200 – 800 psi to conduct pressure tests
To create this wide range of adjustability, Victor designed a new, patent-pendingdual-stage gas flow orifice (see image). The first stage orifice enables lower flow rates. When the flow rate applies sufficient backpressure, it pushes open the first stage orifice poppet, which then allows gas flow to bypass the smaller first stage orifice and flow through a larger, second stage orifice at higher flow rates and pressures.
Anticipated commercial availability is late Q1 2018.
EDGE 2.0 DNA
For added clarity, the EDGE 2.0 hybrid regulator features an large diameter delivery gauge and uses a high-contrast, color-coded gauge face with labels for braze, purge and pressure test settings. The cylinder pressure gauge is smaller and offset to create a difference in depth perception. Even from a distance, operators can tell if they have sufficient cylinder contents and if delivery pressure is within safe and acceptable ranges.
Like all EDGE 2.0 regulators, the ESS32 PFH800 features a sloping gauge guard, a modular gauge and provides safer operation through three primary design functions:
- Patented SLAM™ (Shock Limitation and Absorption Mechanism)technology built into the adjusting knob, permitting the knob to absorb the impact in the event of a cylinder fall.
- Compact, patented design styling that integrates the gauge into the regulator body for superior safety and protection.
- Incorporating a patented particle trap so the regulator could pass ASTM G-175 promoted ignition test.