The ESAB m3 Plasma water injection module extends the range of capabilities for the m3 Plasma system. Water injection plasma cutting improves cut quality, increases speed and reduces cost when cutting thick stainless steel and aluminum.
Using water to constrict the arc lowers operating cost and yields exceptional cut quality as a result of water's quenching and scrubbing action. Water injection with the PT-36 torch can cut up to 70% faster than some gas-shielded methods and eliminates the use of costly specialty gases for cutting thick stainless steel and aluminum.
Compared to Nitrogen Plasma, Water Injection plasma cutting creates a smoother, cleaner edge finish with minimal dross and less heat affect zone. Compared to Argon-Hydrogen Plasma, Water Injection plasma cutting is much less expensive. Water injection plasma cutting of stainless steels and aluminum alloys offers exceptional cut quality with without the high cost of specialty gases.
Water injection provides a number of benefits:
- Allows both water injection and dry plasma cutting using the same system
- Minimizes plate deformation and heat affect zone through cooling
- Produces high quality cut face using scrubbing action
- Achieves faster cutting speeds when cutting thick stainless steel or aluminum
- Allows straight cutting or bevel cutting using the same consumables
- Less expensive than specialty gases, reducing process and consumable costs
- Permits quick, easy changeover from water injection mode to dry cutting mode
- Fast switching between cutting and marking modes
- Does not require de-ionized water
Learn more. Download a detailed Water Injection Plasma Fact Sheet.
When compared to Nitrogen Plasma or Argon-Hydrogen Plasma, Water Injection plasma cutting creates a smoother, cleaner edge finish with minimal dross and less heat-affect zone. Water injection plasma cutting of stainless steels and aluminum alloys offers exceptional cut quality including a highly desirable cut edge surface with little or no dross.
- Darkened Surface
- Tenacious Dross
- Top Rounding
- Low Cost
- Shiny Redish Surface
- Less Dross
- Straight Edge
- High Cost
- Smooth Clean Surface
- Little Dross
- Straight Edge
- Low Cost Water